01 April 2011

Breakfast of Champions

Do you ever have days where you feel like your get-up-n'-go just got up and went? Today's recipe is a perfect cure for that! Packed with a lot of protein, and aided by sugars, this is sure to add a spring in your step. In fact, I've heard some say it's a good hangover cure. I've not tried it myself, but I'll let you be the judge of that.

The key to a perfect balance of flavors is to carefully choose your bacon--also known as meat candy--wisely. I prefer to use a thick slab that is Applewood-smoked or a nice center-cut style.
 Breakfast of Champions
--5-6 pieces of meat candy
--1 PBR


In a large skillet with deep sides, lay out 5-6 pieces of the meat candy. Turn the stove temperature to medium and start cookin'!

I like to use a splatter screen, pictured below (that the nice people at IKEA made), to prevent any kitchen catastrophes.*
 *This is especially important if you are making this as a hangover cure and might possibly still be drunk.
 When the fat from the meat candy begins to melt off, it's time to turn it over. I find that using tongs for this process allows me to easily turn the candy and lay it out for even cooking.
 When the meat candy is evenly cooked and is golden brown on both sides, remove it from the heat. It is important that you drain the meat candy on paper towels so that it doesn't have a greasy texture and the true flavor shines through.
 Remove to a plate and serve with your PBR (in the can is best for optimum flavor). Enjoy!
Dammit Jim, I'm a cook, not a doctor...
Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 1
Calories: 450 calories

1 comment:

  1. I'm drooling! I'm sitting as my desk, sober, and drooling. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete