12 December 2009

A Cure for the Winter Blues


I love cold weather, but these past few days of single digit temps have got me reminiscing for warmer times. So last night I broke out the electric grill.

I know what you are thinking "What! grill indoors? and on a electric grill? What about the flavor?" Well I do admit, I don't get the charcoal-y taste that you get from an outdoor grill, but I live in a condo and have no place to put a grill anyway.

The model we have is the Krups Canyon Deluxe. It has a 1 - 5 temp setting on the side and on the top by the grill, there is a chart of food items, cook settings and cook times for a quick reference. It is a great piece of equipment. You get a bit of smoke but not enough to set off the fire alarm, and of course the grill lines.

I grilled off onion slices, mushroom caps and tri-tip steaks which I topped with some bleu cheese crumbles and chopped bacon. Yum!

The whole meal took about 5 minutes to prep, 15 minutes to cook and since the grill and drippings pan are dishwasher safe, 5 minutes to clean up. Perfect for these cold winter days when you don't want to spend too much time away from that someone special as well as the roaring fire.


P.S. Yes I know charcoal-y is not a word.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment